The Santa Monica Swim Center close for maintenance and repairs beginning Tuesday, December 19, 2017 and will re-open Monday, February 26, 2018. Lincoln Pool remains open for lap swim. The opening date was previously scheduled for Saturday February 3rd, 2018. However, due to unforeseen and extensive plumbing issues, the opening date will be staggered to meet community needs while completing the necessary repairs.
The Swim Center will have a ‘limited’ opening on Saturday February 3rd, 2018 that will allow only current permit groups and Santa Monica College classes and athletics only to utilize the facility. The permanent locker/restroom/shower areas will remain closed to all patrons until all work is complete. Temporary changing areas on the Sun Deck along with portable bathroom trailers and outdoor showers will be available for the limited opening groups. To help accommodate our resident swimmers not participating with a permit group, we have expanded lap swim hours at Lincoln Middle School pool.
The Swim Center will be back to full operations and programs will resume on Monday Monday March 5th, 2018. Registration is currently open for all Spring programs. Thank you for your patience as we quickly work to finish the necessary work. For any questions or inquiries contact the Santa Monica Swim Center at 310.458.8700.
Maintenance and repair items that we will be working on during this closure include:
1. Men’s and Women’s locker room repairs:
- Repair damaged piping that has been leaking and repair concrete that is splitting due to tree roots that have found their way into our plumbing (the tree roots have been eliminated but now we need to repair the damage they caused).
- Repair piping in the wall between the locker rooms.
- Repairing the leaking shower drains in both locker rooms.
- Replacing all the tile.
- Change shower lightning in each locker room to LED lighting.
- Replacing shower, toilets, and urinals for more water efficient ones.
- Replace mixing valves and supply regulators.
- Paint all locker room walls after demolition.
2. Preventative maintenance on all pool pumps and equipment.
3. Hydro Jet all deck drains to clean them out and remove debris that is blocking some of the drains.
4. Replace broken tile around each pool.