Jr Lifeguard Program (Ages 11-15)
This American Red Cross Program teaches basic rescue skills, first aid, CPR and water safety.
- Dates: TBA
- Times: TBA
- Fees: TBA
Lifeguard Training Class (Ages 15+)
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will receive American Red Cross certification in Lifeguarding, CPR for the Professional Rescuer, Oxygen Administration and Title 22 (First Aid for Public Safety Personnel). In order to pass the course and receive certification, participants are required to attend all sessions of the course for the full times listed, no exceptions.
- Dates & Times:
- Friday, September 22, 2017, 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, September 30, 2017, 9:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Saturday October 7, 2017, 9:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Saturday October 14, 2017, 9:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Saturday October 21, 2017, 9:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Fees: Santa Monica Residents $140 | Non-Residents $170
Please note that class prerequisites include being able to swim 300 yards non-stop (front crawl and breaststroke), being able to retrieve a 10lb weight from deep water and then swim 20 yards with the weight using only your legs.
Water Safety Instructor Certification (Ages 16+)
This class is for participants 16 years and older who would like to become a Certified Water Safety Instructor. Students will receive in-depth online learning with detailed class instruction, demonstration and practice.
- Complete 25 yards each of front crawl, back crawl, breast stroke, elementary back stroke, sidestroke and 15 yards butterfly
- Maintain position on back for 1 minute in deep water
- Tread water for 1 minute
Requirements for Successful Completion
- This is a blended learning course; all participants must have access to the internet
- Attend all classes (no exceptions)
- Complete all on-line segments and turn in weekly progress reports
- Pass all skills tests and score 80% or higher on written exams
Dates & Times:
- Friday, October 27, 2017, 5:30pm-7:30pm
- Friday, November 3, 2017, 3:30pm – 7:30pm
- Saturday, November 4, 2017, 11:00am-5:30pm
- Friday, November 10, 2017, 3:30pm-7:30pm
- Friday, November 17, 2017, 3:30pm-7:30pm
- Saturday, November 18, 2017, 11:00am-5:30pm
Fees: Santa Monica Residents $126 | Non-Residents $158 | Materiel Fee $35